Sunday, June 16, 2013

Marilyn and I











I love a good 7.50 t-shirt from Walmart! I never feel pressured to have money to look great, I can make any type of budget work for me. I have at least five Marilyn Monroe t-shirts and I pair them with everything. You can do so much with a graphic t-shirt, I prefer to go the glam route and throw on some heels. I have really been wearing a lot of black and white lately, but it's so chic and classic, but just done my way with some color. Recently I've seen some bloggers saying, you don't have to always be "extra", "simple is better" etc. I beg to differ, I don't feel like I need to be boring, to fit in with the "in crowd". What you may think is extra, may be normal to someone like me. Sometimes less is more, but I love colors, adding a extra accent is my style. So while some may like to stay in the safe lane, that isn't me, I'll stick to doing whatever I please.

"In my mind, being overdressed is not a bad thing at all. What's the worst-case scenario? That your the best-dressed person in the room? Who cares!"
-Rachel Zoe

Hope your enjoying your Sunday.

Talk Soon,
RacQuell

Outfit Details
Tshirt-Walmart
Tuxedo pants- Macys
crossbody- local boutique in Charlotte
Heels- Steve madden

4 comments:

  1. OMG you hit the nail on the head.....I think that's the best part about reading blogs is seeing how different people can be creative. I love bold colors, prints, and everything most "simple" people would stray away from. I love being "extra". BYE LOVE this look and the price tag hello beauty on a budget!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun!! I knew I wasn't the only one who felt this way lol

      Delete
  2. I love your style and that shirt is super cuter.

    I would like to invite you to visit my blog and enter my giveaway for $50 Gift Card to Love Rebel Boutique.

    http://splashkouture.blogspot.com/2013/06/loverebelboutique-review-giveaway.html

    ♥ Crystal Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystal Michelle! Thanks for visiting my blog!! I'm off to check out your site!!

      Delete