Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Courtesy of Charleston

Hello Loves!

I often get comments about, "not dressing like I'm from the South" when it comes to my style. I sometimes, take this as a half way compliment; style can come from any region of the world. I thought I'd start a style feature on the blog. Showcasing some of my stylish friends, all of course from my hometown of Charleston, South Carolina.

First up! Meet Candace!
I've known Candace, since high school and she has always been nothing less than fabulous, fun and fierce!

 Describe your style and who gives you style Inspiration?
 I'm in to all types of styles and brands of clothing. I'm a laid back girl and it shows in what I wear, I'm not into over the top, I like to do just enough. Being that I'm a plus size woman, there isn't a lot I have to choose from. Majority of the pics I post on Instagram and Facebook is normally an outfit I just put together. My sister is my style inspiration, she's a fly girl and her opinion matters the most to me. 



                    What is your go to outfit or item, that always works.
 My acid washed jeans from Torrid that I love and they seem to go with almost everything I wear, from flats to heels and they're super comfortable. I wish I purchased 3 at one time. Lol


Favorite place to shop in Charleston or surrounding area, can even be family member closet etc. 
I honestly don't have a favorite place to shop in Charleston, but the place I shop the most is Forever21. I guess it would be considered my favorite place, because I'm seriously ALWAYS there. lol

Your most overused Geechie phrase or word.
It would have to be between "maaaan gone" and "girl please" lol 
(If your not familiar with our unique Gullah culture, you would really need to visit our fabulous city to understand that last question, or Google a little bit lol.)
You can follow Candace on IG @caliicambolove

Do you know any fashionable Charleston,SC natives? Email me their info and include a few pics at asouthernchicchick.gmail.com



3 comments:

  1. U live in one of my favorite places hands doooown!!! I love Charleston to DEATH!! I visit as frequently as I can.. I sooo wanna move there.. But ur style as well as the featured guest is AWESOME!! I love it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ThanksTiffany! Your right, Charleston is definitely a great city!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete