Monday, March 3, 2014

Work Woes



This isn't a Fashion related post, but seeing as it's my personal blog I'll do what I want lol.

I haven't been happy with my most recent work environment, it's been quite negative to say the least. I've always been quite blessed when it comes to finding great positions and getting hired and I'm usually the youngest at a company. 

For many reasons, many of the women find my presence to be quite intimidating. Possibly my style, personality or ability to get the job done, I just haven't met the most friendly people. Nasty looks, smart comments some just don't speak at all. Me being who I am, I still came in everyday and gave my best good morning and treated people the way I wanted to be treated, but I was still unhappy.

People say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I disagree. Your representing yourself, selling yourself to the world and how you carry yourself, shows exactly how you want to feel, be treated and valued. So it's usually easy for me to spot an unhappy person and initially I don't judge I let them show me who they are. 

If I were 35+ and I encountered a younger person in my position, I wouldn't be negative. If my life wasn't where I wanted it to be, I'd push harder. Jealousy is such a ugly trait.

Today was my last day with my current company and in the same breath I was told the news, I was offered another position, that I've always wanted to give a try.

I usually don't share my personal life, but I was thinking and thought I'd let any other fashionable creative soul know; not everyone is going to accept, understand or be happy for God's gift and blessing he has for you, simply, because it wasn't meant for them. 

Nothing will stop me from being me, I'll never dim my light, because it's shining in someone's eyes.

I'll be sure to post a picture of my first day outfit soon.

Love RacQuell

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! Congrats on your new position! It is sad how women can be so mean in the workplace...I have experienced this before as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I've been through that. Every job I've had post college I was the youngest and also I stood out like a sore thumb because of my fashion choices and was always asked where was I going as if I needed a reason to look nice. UGH so annoying...thankfully I'm employed now with older people who aren't intimidated and who actually stepped up their fashion game after seeing mine. Women are so catty and miserable ugh!! Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gurrllll, I feel ya. It has always been that way for me at jobs, school, church, girl just in life general. Most people envy me without even knowing me and this is the reason that I have very few friends. Just as you said it is the way you carry yourself. Jealousy is indeed an ugly trait. The good book says tho in Romans 8:31 "If God be for us. who can be against us". Congrats on your new job and never change who you are to appease anyone else.

    loveomora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies for reading and understanding!

    ReplyDelete